Pages

  • Twitter
  • Facebook
  • Google+

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

It's Happening

No comments:
 

Do not expect well thought and distinguished musings from this blog. Most of the time my thinking process is disjointed at best. I will not toil over conveying my thoughts in the most sophisticated of manners. I merely wish to communicate the highs and lows of my travels, keep a record of sorts for myself, and share stories with those who would listen. 

The day that I depart for Estonia draws closer and closer. I have been spending the last few weeks in Charleston so that I might enjoy the company of my friends once more before leaving. This past month has been wrought with fear, excitement, anticipation and an amalgamation of other emotions. At this point I am feeling mainly anxious and giddy, my head is swimming with lists and questions. I find myself already missing Charleston, even though I have yet to leave. At the same time, I am almost unbearably excited to journey off on my own, leave the US for the first time in my life and experience the world in a new way. I'll be able to learn from classes not offered here at CofC which is a most enticing prospect for me, as I adore learning in all forms. I also believe that perhaps one of the most valuable things I will gain is a new perspective. But, the value of my travels is something that has not yet been determined. The only thing I know is that the next 5 months will be incredibly difficult and amazing.

I will finish this first post by noting the...odd circumstances surrounding my departure: Charleston is supposedly receiving snow for the first time in several years. This is happening mere days before I depart for a country with a snowy climate. Coincidence? I THINK NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment

© 2012 Design by Main-Blogger. Powered by Blogger.
 
© 2012. Design by Main-Blogger - Blogger Template and Blogging Stuff